Friday, April 3, 2009

INTRODUCING LETTERS IN THE ETHER

LETTERS IN THE ETHER, “DO YOU HERE MEEE??? DO YOU CARE? WHAT ARE WORDS FOR?”


I’ve taken to a letter writing campaign. It started a couple years back when I wanted a local legendary surfboard shaper, Ward Coffey, to make me a custom board. I wrote the letter in my best penmanship and described my dream board, but alas, I never sent it off.

Since then I have written a dozen or so letters (a lot for the email generation) to people I knew or wanted to know, and only one or two, at best, made their way to the mail box. There has always been a common theme in my correspondences, “I want something from you”.

Well, I’m on a new quest for fire, and there really isn’t time for the omission of spell check, so electronic formats will have to do (to be honest, I always felt my hand written letters would be perceived to have come from a cantankerous curmudgeon). In fact, I will be posting on “Kevin’s Sun Blog” nearly all of my
letters to the people in positions of power to promote my purpose (sorry, I couldn’t resist).

The series is called “Letters in the Ether” because you know who writes me back? No one. There’s really no way of knowing if these letters make it to the desk of the person I’m writing to. So this may seem like me just whining a little, but it works for Andy Rooney…..My intent is to chronicle the events of the last year while highlighting the leaps forward and minor setbacks.

Anyway, please read and I encourage you to critique.

Kevin Good